Total WickViews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Daily Nugget # 298: Package Deal.

Party people,

It is with great joy that I begin my discourse with you tonight. It is regarding a subject that is near and dear to my heart. It is the subject of dating. In particular, we'll be addressing single ladies with children that are a part of the "dating scene".



There are many hazards that are inherently intertwined with dating, in general. Additionally, my lovely sisters, be advised that you must also undertake the task of meeting the right person, assessing his motives, balancing your time commitments and simultaneously shield your child/children from a premature introduction to a potential candidate, should he qualify for such a privilege.

For the sake of brevity, I will only address two facets of this broad topic:

Perceptions & Precautions

Perceptions - Warning: the perceptions we'll address are based on the maturity of the individual. I am speaking only from a statistical standpoint and my intent is to empower single mothers with insight, as to the thought processes of a single man, who is sexually active. If the man is not sexually active, then this characteristic may be indicative of a higher moral code. Hence, your chances of engaging in the following scenarios will be significantly decreased, when a classier dude is factored in. Most importantly, remember that perceptions are almost never grounded in truth; know this above all else, before reading any further.

Perceptions

Perception #1 - More often than not, a single man may see a single mother as "easier to hook up with". Why? Simply put, "she has kids, which means she has definitely had sex." Therefore, the single mother may be seen as someone who will require little or no effort, in order to initiate a sexual encounter.

Perception #2 - Single mothers live a life filled with drama, due, in whole or in part, to the "baby daddy". This is another internal justification for a short term encounter, with no strings attached.

Perception #3 - Single mothers represent a single income household. Therefore, due to financial hardship, she may be more willing to "settle for less or lower her standards" when it comes to selecting a man.

Keep in mind, although all of these perceptions are wrong, these are the ones that the Western society perpetuates on TV, in movies and music. As a result, these wrong messages have shaped how people view single parent relationships in Western culture; and the United States, in particular.

Let us now take a moment to outline the Precautions that every single mother should take when considering entering into a relationship.

Precautions

Precaution #1 - Observe his relationship with his mother. This may be as accurate of a picture, as any, of a snapshot of your future.

Precaution #2 - Unless he is willing to commit to a lifetime relationship, it may be best to not allow him to be a part of the children's lives. Your children are yours for life. If he isn't yours for life, he shouldn't be around them. Adults recover from heartbreak much faster than children.

Precaution #3 - If he cannot provide for himself, then he probably will not be able to provide for you and your children. I understand that the economy is tough, but McDonald's is always hiring. His job is finding a job, until he gets a job. Dr. Wick Daddy is a proud advocate of the grind. (Please consult a teenager near you, for an extensive definition of "the grind".)

Precaution #4 - If he is abusing substances, it is only a matter of time before he abuses you. I am a former substance abuser and it is a horrific ordeal to live through; but it was worse for my wife (girlfriend at that time) when we were dating. She broke up with me until I straightened up. Eventually, I accepted Christ and have been sober for over 15 years. Happy endings are still possible. But when she left me, I knew she was serious; then I got serious too.

Precaution #5 - Great things do come in small packages. A real man who truly loves you, will love your children too. My eldest son, at the age of 23, married the love of his life. She was a mother of 2 beautiful children. He is not the father, but his love for her was bigger than her situation. He is a real man and they are blessed to have each other. This same son was with me at the age of 5,when I met my wife. I explained to her that my son and I were a package deal. She too, accepted the challenge. She is a real woman. On top of that, she blessed me with 7 more beautiful children.

We are now a very big package.

This concludes today's message.

Well party people, I had ten points, but this is a very intense subject. So, depending on the comments left on the blog, we may launch. Part 2. I love you real bad. Stay happy because you are the only one who can make that choice. And always remember................

Shake it 'til you make it.

God bless.

Dr. Wick Daddy
(Sugar free and a third less calories than your regular blog.)

1 comment:

  1. Theres also another side to this also when you have a biracial child. I encountered alot of men that would decide because my son was mixed that I was somehow "Tainted" so they wouldnt give me the time of day. So I made sure I started telling men when I started dating again that I had a son and he was mixed and if they couldnt deal with it to get-ta-steppin NOW! But I NEVER wouldve settled & was SO LUCKY to find my husband (he was a package deal too) and he took on the task of raising my son like he was his own and I his. But I do believe you are right. Men DO think that women are easy or that its all drama when there are children involved and vice versa women believe the same thing about baby mama drama (and it can be true but it can be overcome). Women and men just need to stand their ground and if someone doesnt meet their expectations or needs then move on! Someone will eventually.

    ReplyDelete