Total WickViews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Daily Nugget: Keep it brand new.

Good day, to each of you.

This message goes out to all the lovely people who are in a committed relationship.

I want to want to lay this down as tenderly and frankly as possible.

It takes much less energy to reinvest in what you've built than to contemplate the excitement of yielding to the temptation that is attached to something new.

Here's why.

A person who is willing to pursue you, with the knowledge that you are in a relationship (whether it is troubled or perfect), clearly shows no respect for the boundaries of commitment.

Hence, once you finally leave the love you've built, for something new. you may find that the new person will, still, not respect the boundaries of commitment. Make sense?

In essence, the person who cheats with you (physically or emotionally) will, inevitably, cheat on you.

So if you are thinking about leaving, think again.

Hold up!!!!!!!

I'd also like to issue a disclaimer: if you are leaving your current relationship, due to infidelity or abuse, then I will express two points.

If this is your circumstance, you have obviously been hurt, either physically or emotionally and my heart goes out to you. Here are the two points.

1. What is needed most, at this stage, is good counsel from someone who knows you, loves you, won't stroke you and will also be real with you, about you.

2. You need to allow yourself a good l2 months to heal. (This time frame will allow you to wald through every season of your life, by yourself, so that you are assured that you have passed the rebouding stage.)

I know that, personally, during cloudy times, I invest my energy in making what I've built with my wife, brand new.

I do it, not necessarily, because I always feel like doing it; but for two other reasons.

1. At the age of 42, I don't have the time to train somebody on what my likes and dislikes are. For the record, everybody is a mess, to some degree. But this is my mess. I use the term mess, for the sake of humor. Those who know my wife and I know that we are super happy, because we choose to be super happy. (Well, we were super happy at least eight times, because we are raising eight children.)

2. My wife is gorgeous and if I saw her, walking around, on someone's else's arm, I might have to................... well, you know.

Well family, that's all I have for now and I sincerely hope that this post has blessed you.

Happy New Year.

Let's do it big in 2013!

Oh, one more thing.

Can you like my Facebook page? (click here)

Good bye, for real this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment